Sorry big city folks, but there are some things in this world that you won't be able to understand—small town life is one of them. There are many things that make each and every small town unique in their own right, but they all share some of these commonalities.
1. You are more likely to win the lottery, get struck by lightning, defend a small village from a fire breathing dragon with a Nerf gun, or get eaten by a shark, than you are likely to be able to make a left turn during tourist season.
2. If you have lived here your whole life, yet you probably can't give accurate directions to anywhere...you might be from a small town.
3. If you have seen your ex more times at the local bar than you saw them when you were together…you might be from a small town.
4. If you have ever had to check to make sure someone wasn't your cousin before you asked them out...you might be from a small town.
5. If you have attended a wedding in which the whole wedding party was dressed in camouflage…you might be from a small town.
6. If you have ever uttered the phrase, “I can’t wait to get out of this small town!” and then a couple of years later you move back into town because you miss the atmosphere…you might be from a small town.
7. If you have ever had a snow day in the month of May…you might be from a small town in Wisconsin or Minnesota.
8. If you have seen the same person at three different places throughout the day and haven't thought that they were stalking you…you might be from a small town.
9. If your idea of having a crazy Friday night is going to Walmart late at night and messing around in the isles…you might be from a small town.